What is WordPress for Faculty?
The WordPress for Faculty service was conceived and developed via a partnership between Academic Divisional Computing, Campus Web Services, and the Faculty Instructional Technology Center (FITC). The goal is to provide faculty, researchers and graduate students ready access to easy-to-use web publishing tools for promoting their research and professional activities.
WordPress is a web-site management system that allows you to create websites with very little technical or design expertise. It comes with design templates, a relatively easy-to-learn editing environment, and a host of tools to make your website look fantastic.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Web-based editing, no desktop software needed
- Ability to add others to help manage the content on your website(s).
- Built-in version control
- Built-in search
- Images and video embedding for a multi-media experience
- Built in themes allow you to focus on content not design
- High availability, robust, and secure environment
- Nightly backups
- Limited to installed plugins.
- Limited to installed themes.
The WordPress service is available to all faculty, grads, and research staff in support of professional, academic, research, and scholarly activities. The service is not intended for undergraduate, staff, or administrative web sites.
Self-service help is available on this website and a large number of very short video tutorials are available from the WordPress administrative dashboard.
- Design clean and attractive websites
- Manageable Blogs
- Easy to use!
- Add as many users you need or want to your sites
- Custom Menus
- Create Galleries
- Create Slideshows
- Create Contact/Feedback Forms
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Tons of Widgets/Plug-Ins add to overall functionality
- Password Protected Sites
- In-Site Searching
- Social Media Links
- CSS Editor
- PageBuilder 2.0
- JetPack Accessbility
- Akismet Spam Protector